Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

I Probably Will Do It Again

          "Shut up." I mumbled, turning towards the suddenly interesting racks of clothing.
          "No really, Tanya, you're adorable when you're flustered."
          I rolled my eyes and cinched my scarf tighter around my face. "Andrew. Stop it."
         "No, no. I mean it. The way you blush? It is the cutest thing." He said, and I knew he was grinning. I just knew it. Ugh. I carefully fingered a cute flowery flannel shirt in front of me, deciding it was best to ignore him. If I showed no reaction he would probably - Well, hopefully - leave me alone. For a few blessed minutes of silence, I thought I had succeeded, until,
         "Oh, my goodness Tanya. Are you cold?" 
         "Um... Yes?" I muttered, furrowing my eyebrows at him.
         "Well, why didn't you say something earlier?" Andrew grabbed my hand, sending tingles up my arm, then pulled me towards him, wrapping me up in a hug.
         "Andrew!" I froze, my arms refusing to move. He was... Well, he was really warm. And he smelled really, really good, and... I didn't exactly want to leave. I wanted to stay there, wrapped in his arms, forever and ever. I wanted him to always protect me from the cold and anything else that threatened me, and-
         "Feeling warmer?" He whispered, his soft voice laced with amusement.
         Aaaaand the spell was broken. He was teasing me. Teasing me!
         "Ugh!" I pushed him away and marched for the store exit. "You are completely unbearable." With frustration creeping through all of me, I cursed my stupid reactions. I had to let everything he did affect me, didn't I?
         "No, no. Tanya, come back. Come on. Please." I could hear him behind me, chuckling, as he walked towards the exit. I picked up my pace. He had the nerve to chuckle? No. You just- No. I shoved my fisted hands into my jacket pockets and kept walking down the mall, not quite sure where I was going. Just, away from that horribly presumptuous, and entirely annoying man - no, boy - that was currently following me.
         Andrew's hand grasped my arm just as I was turning down to the food court.
         "Tanya, I'm sorry. I won't do it again."
         I turned to look at him, giving him my best, Are you kidding me? face. He burst out laughing, throwing his head back and crinkling his eyes, because he knew I was right. He certainly would do it again, and I could almost guarantee it would be more than once.
         "Okay. You're right. I probably will do it again." His lips twitched like they always did when he was trying to hold back a grin. "But I am sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment